Home : Public Works/Utilities : Refuse & Recycling


Collection is curbside every Wednesday.  Do not put your garbage out before 4 P.M. on Tuesday but it must be out by 6 A.M. on Wednesday to assure it is picked up in case the drivers change their route.  Use the blue wheeled cart with a black lid from Harter's that was supplied for your residence.  Garbage place in the cart should be bagged and tied.  Place the cart at the curb with the handle toward your residence and the lid closed. 

Any item that does not fit inside the wheeled cart is considered a bulky or large item.
You may take these items to the Outagamie County Landfill and pay their fee or you may call Harter's at (888)804-8556 or (715)253-2619 to ask about pickup and pay their fee.
If you have any questions on what may be placed in the cart you should call Harter's.

No appliances, items with freon, carpeting, batteries (car, boat, tractor), other household batteries, hazardous waste, syringes and needles, tires, waste oil, home computers or components, TVs, DVD players, stereos, liquid paint, or ink jet cartridges are allowed.  
Yard waste is not allowed in the regular weekly refuse pick up.  The Village offers curbside pick-up once in the Spring and one in the Fall.  Leaves, yard waste and brush can also be dropped off anytime at the compost site located outside the Wastewater Treatment Facility at 521 W. Cedar St.


There is curbside pick up every two weeks on Wednesday.  Check your latest Village Voice for the schedule or call the Administration Office at 779-6011.
Rules for Outagamie County’s residential recycling program can be found on the Outagamie County website at www.outagamie.org/index.aspx?page=1111.

How do I prepare my recyclable materials?
Recyclable plastic, glass, tin, and aluminum can be placed curbside in a reusable container.  Reusable containers must be between 15 and 33 gallons with handles on the outside of them and weigh less than 50 pounds when set at the curb.  Containers must also be marked with an Outagamie County Recycling Sticker.  Paper can be set out for recycling in paper bags, a cardboard box no larger than 3ft. x 3ft. x 1ft. or a separate reusable container as described above.

What can I recycle?
       Lids and caps must be removed and bottles rinsed.
       Clear, brown or green bottles and jars.
       Soda, beer, juice and other glass food containers.
       Blue, green, rose and yellow tinted glass.
       All cans must be rinsed and empty.
       All aluminum cans.
       All steel or bi-metal cans.
       Metal lids and bottle tops.
       Non-pesticide aerosol cans, empty and without caps.
       All plastic bottles must be coded 1 PETE and 2 HDPE and have a neck and screw-top cap.
       #1 and #2 BLUE and #2 BROWN plastic bottles.
       Soda bottles.
       Peanut butter jars.
       Milk and water jugs.
       Laundry bottles (detergent, fabric softener, bleach, dish soap).
       Vinegar bottles.
       Shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and cosmetic bottles.
       Syrup, juice, cooking oil containers, etc.
       Flatten corrugated cardboard boxes and cut into pieces no larger than 3ft. x 3ft.
       Newspapers and inserts.
       Magazines and books.
       Junk mail and envelopes.
       Phone books and catalogs.
       Writing paper and copier paper.
       Corrugated cardboard.
       Grocery bags.
       Box board and non-corrugated cardboard.

What cannot be recycled?
       Ceramic cups, plates and bottle tops.
       Clay flower pots.
       Drinking glasses, crystal.
       Plate glass, auto windshields.
       Opaque/milk glass.
       Laboratory glass.
       Light bulbs.
       Window glass.
       Paint cans.
       Pesticide aerosol cans.
       Pots and pans.
       Car parts.
       Nails and screws.
       Sheet metal.
       Small appliances.
       #1 brown plastic bottles.
       All plastic bags (even 2).
       Yogurt and cottage cheese type tub containers.
       Motor oil bottles.
       Anti-freeze containers.
       Plastic with codes 3 through 7.
       Caps and lids.
       Styrofoam or microwave containers.
       Solvent, paint, adhesive containers.
       Medical supplies.
       Plastic toys, flowerpots, garden plastics.
       Pesticide or herbicide containers.
       Paper that is contaminated with food, grease or other debris.
       Tissue products.
       Frozen food boxes.
       Dairy containers.
       Gift wrapping paper

Back to top