Collection is curbside every Wednesday. Do not put your garbage out before 4 P.M. on Tuesday but it must be out by 6 A.M. on Wednesday to assure it is picked up in case the drivers change their route. Use the blue wheeled cart with a black lid from Harter's that was supplied for your residence. Garbage placed in the cart should be bagged and tied. Place the cart at the curb with the handle toward your residence and the lid closed.
Any item that does not fit inside the wheeled cart is considered a bulky or large item.
You may take these items to the Outagamie County Landfill and pay their fee or you may call Harter's at (888)804-8556 or (715)253-2619 to ask about pickup and pay their fee.
If you have any questions on what may be placed in the cart you should call Harter's.
No appliances, items with freon, carpeting, batteries (car, boat, tractor), other household batteries, hazardous waste, syringes and needles, tires, waste oil, home computers or components, TVs, DVD players, stereos, liquid paint, or ink jet cartridges are allowed.
Yard waste is not allowed in the regular weekly refuse pick up. The Village offers curbside pick-up once in the Spring and one in the Fall. Leaves, yard waste and brush can also be dropped off anytime at the compost site located outside the Wastewater Treatment Facility at 521 W. Cedar St.
RESIDENTIAL RECYCLING (2019 Garbage & Recycling Schedule)
There is curbside pick up every two weeks on Wednesday. Check your latest Village Voice for the schedule or call the Administration Office at 779-6011. You can also see the schedule on the Calendar and under Public Works on the Refuse and Recycling Schedule tab.
How to place recycling at the curb?
Hortonville residents are required to provide the 95-gallon recycling cart provided for their use. Please follow these guidelines:
- Place all recyclable materials in your recycling cart. There is no need to separate paper from glass, aluminum, plastic and tin.
- Do not place recyclables in plastic bags and do not place trash in your recycling cart.
- All cardboard should be cut to no larger than 2 ft x 2 ft in size.
- Shredded paper should be placed in a brown paper bag, stapled closed, labeled, and placed in your cart.
- Keep your recycling cart at least 4 ft away from your trash container. The best solution is to place your trash/garbage and recycling on opposite sides of your driveway.
What can I recycle and what cannot be recycled?
Click here to see the list from Outagamie County.
Go to www.RecycleMoreOutagamie.org for more information from Outagamie County.